Welcome, welcome one and all. I hope you are all enjoying a fantastic week. We have an extra special guest today, please welcome Jem to the Beneath the Surface pages for an in depth interview shortly after he has released his debut EP ‘Don’t Let Me Disappear’. So sit back, relax and let’s get into it.
– What would you say first sparked your interest in music/who inspired you to make music?
I wanted to be a painter before anything else! Colours fascinated me so much that I’ve started seeing the same spark in poetry and music, which led me to sing and write songs!
– How would you describe the music you are currently creating?
Intense, deep, ironic, angelic, soft, delicate, dark, honest.
– What does your creative process look like?
It starts by taking the brush and just painting! I find my truth within shades, and colours move me, and they make me express things that I could never with words!
– Who would you most like to collaborate with? (let’s send it out to the universe and make it happen!)
Radiohead, Radiohead and Radiohead! Not that I can be a match for their level, but I would love just to sit in the studio and learn from them!
– What is the one message you would like to send out to your fans?
Allow yourself to get free from this world’s misery, let your feelings flow like a river, and don’t settle down for anything less than love!
– What’s your top tip to rejuvenate your creativity/get over a writer’s block?
If you’re feeling stuck, you need to live more! Life is the source of inspiration! There are sparks everywhere; just be open to see them!
– What’s next for you, what do we have to look forward to/ what are you currently working on?
I plan to go on tour this summer within the UK, Europe, and the Middle East! Also, I’m working on an album, which is very, very exciting!
Listen to Don’t Let Me Disappear’ below: