Happy Friday, folks! On today’s instalment of Beneath the Surface, we are joined by none other than the über-talented, Reading-based singer and songwriter Du’val following the release of his Moments EP.
– What would you say first sparked your interest in music/who inspired you to make music?
Mumsy….she used to harmonise to absolutely every song ever on the radio. I look up to my mum so much, she always pushed me towards performance of any sort, firstly drama, which led to me finding the confidence to pursue music.
– How would you describe the music you are currently creating?
A bit like a bag of Skittles, different flavours, bit all sweet nonetheless. I think my music has the potential to be long lasting, and meaningful
– What does your creative process look like?
My creative process just basically involves me locking myself in my Bathroom with my acoustic guitar…most songs start with an acoustic guitar. As soon as someone breaks my heart, we then have some soppy lyrics to accompany it….
– Who would you most like to collaborate with? (let’s send it out to the universe and make it happen!)
I think me, with Justin Bieber, would do a madness! Justin, if you happen to read this, slide in my dm’s, let’s get to work!
– What is the one message you would like to send out to your fans?
Thank you so much for your patience…that’s the only thing I can say! I made a load of people wait for me to release a body of work. Fed them nothing but minute-long Instagram posts for a while. But if you still rocking with me, then thank you…
– What’s your top tip to rejuvenate your creativity/get over a writer’s block?
Live life, allow it to bring you lemons…
– What’s next for you, what do we have to look forward to/ what are you currently working on?
Next for me is to release my music video. Should be releasing a video for my single ‘Moments’ in December. Also, loads of new music, and live shows. Working on creating new music that I can tour around the world!
Listen to Moments here:
Keep up with Du’val on: